Tuesday Tip: Get A FASTER Website
Do you dream of a faster website for your business? A fast-loading website:
– Earns better rankings in Google (Announcement from Google)
– Earns better ad placement when using Google Adwords paid advertising
– Improves satisfaction in site visitors (They get the info they need faster!)
– Increases the number of pages one visitor views by 25% (They’re happy, so they stay on your site longer!)
– Increases conversion rates (Happy people email you more often and make online purchases!)
To achieve these benefits, you don’t need the world’s fastest-loading website. You just need to be in the “safe zone”. These tools let you know if your website’s speed is holding you back:
- Page Speed, an add-on for the Internet browser Firefox that evaluates webpage performance and offers improvement suggestions.
- YSlow, a free tool from Yahoo! that suggests ways to improve website speed.
- WebPagetest shows your website’s load performance page by page.
- Pingbrigade tests your website’s speed as experienced by site users worldwide
If your website performs poorly in these tests, contact a friendly SEO pro at Upright Communications. We can help speed you up! Or, if you’re feeling really tech-savvy and want to improve your website’s speed yourself, read instructions here: Distilled’s Site Speed for Dummies Part 2 – How To Do It.