Looking for things you can do to improve your website? Think content! Here are five easy content ideas you can use to add new quality content to your website:
1. PROBLEM/SOLUTION PAGES Real stories of the successes you have had in meeting the needs of your customers are very compelling, and give prospective clients confidence in doing business with you. While case studies are ideal, it may be difficult to develop a case study if the client is reluctant to publish application details. It may be hard to even make the time to talk to the client, who is just as busy as you. Consider a problem/solution page instead of a case study. Omit the client details and focus on your product in the client’s process:
“Our EfficNC Max eliminated the bottleneck and production on that line increased by 78%! We have applied this solution in many industries with similar results.”
2. SPOTLIGHT A PRODUCT OR SERVICE If you offer a line of products or services, a “Product of the Month” page can be an easy, continuous source of quality content. If the spotlight product already has a page on your website, it may be somewhat dry and informational. Try taking that information and rewriting it with a different perspective:
“Users love the multiple speed settings on our EfficNC Max, because of the flexibility it provides.”
If you do not have multiple products, try a featured benefit of the month:
“Cost-efficiency is an important advantage users gain when they switch to our EfficNC Max.”
3. INDUSTRY NEW & TRENDS To be successful in your business, you need to stay abreast of the latest developments in your industry. You can share your knowledge with your clients by adding a page to your website devoted to reporting on the latest industry news and trends. While not all of the articles you read may be of interest to your prospects, the ones that educate readers about your industry may be valuable to your site visitors. Add these to your page by providing a brief summary of the article and a link to it. Be sure to include a closing “call to action” line that ties the information to your product:
“This most recent study from the Widget Institute shows the latest process improvements that are driving success in the widget industry. Contact us to discuss how we can help you improve your processes.”
4. PROVIDE RESOURCES There is no better way to build trust with a prospective client than to prove to them that you are truly interested in their success. A great way to do this is to provide information and resources that will help them be successful. These can be how-to-videos, links to industry resources, easy fixes, or any other information that you can picture a client using:
DYI Maintenance Tips for Your EfficNC Max
Video Tutorial – Programming Speed on your EfficNC Max
5. ANSWER CUSTOMER QUESTIONS Adding or expanding on the Frequently Asked Questions page of your website is one of the best ways to generate content for your website. Today’s internet-savvy buyers are looking for as much information as they can get about your product. By adding pages of content that focus on that information, you are educating your prospects, which will ultimately make them more comfortable with buying your product:
Are all of the required installation accessories included with the EfficNC Max?
What shipping and delivery options do you offer?
An important thing to remember in developing all of this content is to keep it keyword rich, without sounding unnatural or stuffed. Also, be sure that every page has a call to action, so your reader knows what to do with the information you just provided.
Are you ready to develop new content? Contact us or give us a call if you would like to brainstorm ideas or need advice on effective keyword use. The Upright Team is always here to help you make the most of your internet marketing!